Briggs Middle School Announcements
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Briggs School Wide PBS Expectations:
Be Responsible, Be Respectful, Be Safe
There are three days left to collect enough money to win a free lunch from Olive Garden! Pennies for Patients has raised over 300 dollars for blood cancer research. In third place is Mrs. DeFluri’s class with $38.12, in second place we have McLaren’s class with $51.31, and in 1st place is Mr. Smith’s class with $132.14! Keep up the good work Briggs!
This is a friendly reminder that the Two50 van will not be running tomorrow, and Friday, June 2.
Attention Briggs Restoration Team: This is a reminder that the Restoration Olympics is this Thursday June 1. Please wear the appropriate clothing, such as long pants, and shoes that can get dirty. Bring a water bottle and don’t forget sun screen! Lunch will be provided; however, you are welcome to bring your own snacks. Be prepared to have fun and compete against other restoration teams. A school bus will pick you up at the front of school at 8:55 am. See you in the field!
This is a friendly reminder to clear off the top of ALL lockers by end of school TODAY. If anything is left it will be removed and donated.
Briggs Middle School Announcements
Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Briggs School Wide PBS Expectations: Be Responsible, Be Respectful, Be Safe
Calling all Students, continue to bring in your pennies and loose change to support research to find a cure for blood cancer. So far we have raised 153.79 dollars! You have one week left to bring in enough money for your class to win a catered lunch from Olive Garden. So far our leaders are: 1st place Mr. Smith with $47.37, 2nd place Mrs. DeFluri with $32.70, and 3rd place Mr. McLaren with $22.19. Keep up the good work!
Attention Briggs Restoration Team: This is a reminder that the Restoration Olympics is this Thursday June 1. Please wear clothes, including long pants, and shoes that can get dirty and bring a water bottle. Don’t forget sunscreen. Lunch will be provided; however, you are welcome to bring your own snacks. Be prepared to have fun and compete against other restoration teams. A school bus will pick you up at the front of school at 8:55 am. See you in the field!
Incoming 6th Grader Orientation: June 1st @ 6pm
Neighborhood Appreciation Day: June 2nd
We need volunteers to help supervise our End-of-the-Year field trip at Camp Harlow!
All grades will enjoy a day of exciting activities at Camp Harlow such as swimming, a 90 foot water slide, zip line, indoor/outdoor volleyball, basketball, frisbee golf, miniature golf, and much more.
Our trip is Tuesday June 20th from 9am to 4pm.
Partial day shifts are available.
Join us in celebrating a great school year at Briggs!
Briggs Middle School
Increased education and enforcement efforts began March 22nd and will continue through September 2017. Education and enforcement activities will be focused on school zone crosswalks and various crossings. Please be mindful when driving near school zones and crosswalks around Briggs Middle School.
Get Your 1PASS!
This low-cost summer pass combines inexpensive summer fun for kids with accessible transportation. The pass allows youth 18 and under to ride Lane Transit District buses and access many local attractions at a discount or without paying fares or entry fees. 1PASS costs $50 and is valid from May 29 through September 4, 2017.
1PASS is available for purchase at Amazon Pool, Echo Hollow Pool, Sheldon Pool, Lane Transit District’s Eugene station and Willamalane Center.
Free Admission with 1PASS
- Amazon Pool, admission to regularly scheduled rec swims only
- Echo Hollow Pool, admission to regularly scheduled rec swims only
- Sheldon Pool, admission to regularly scheduled rec swims only
- Camp Putt Adventure Golf Park
- Cascades Raptor Center
- Emerald Lanes
- Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art
- Mount Pisgah Arboretum
- Museum of Natural and Cultural History
- River Road Pool, admission to regularly scheduled rec swims only
- Science Factory, valid for admission to exhibit hall or one show at Exploration Dome
- Skate World
- Splash! at Lively Park, valid on waterpark swims
- Bob Keefer Center for Sports and Recreation, drop in to age-appropriate sessions of climbing, tennis, basketball or volleyball. Ages 14-17 may also use the fitness center after required orientation. Valid on drop-in programs only.
- Willamalane Park Swim Center, admission to any regularly scheduled rec swim.
1PASS is good for unlimited rides on Lane Transit District buses. 1PASS must be presented to the driver.
- 1PASS is valid for youths up to age 18. The card is not transferable. The program runs May 29-September 4, 2017. Card fee is set at $50 and will not be prorated.
- Where to get one: Buy yours at Amazon Pool, Sheldon Pool, Echo Hollow Pool, Willamalane Center or LTD’s Eugene station. Passes purchased at LTD must still be activated for use at other facilities. Activate yours at Willamalane Center in Springfield, or Amazon Pool, Echo Hollow Pool or Sheldon Pool in Eugene.
- Get on the bus! LTD stops are located within walking distance of all participating partners.
- Lost cards: Replacements for lost or stolen cards are available for $15 at Willamalane Center.
- Please note: It is the responsibility of pass holders to verify hours and availability of participating sites. Facilities may close at times due to unforeseen circumstances. Please check to make sure your destination is open.
You can show Papa’s this post to participate in this fundraiser or print it (link below) and bring in to any Papa’s Pizza to participate.
Papas Pizza flyer – May 3 2017