Service in the United States military is rewarded with a variety of benefits, many of which may be of interest to you.
Here are just a few:
- earn money toward your college education
- opportunity for travel
- free medical and dental care
- income while you serve
- scholarship and fellowship opportunities
- vocational certification in your career field
- pay bonuses
- certain housing, medical, and educational services to families
- lifetime retirement benefits after twenty years of service
To find out more about the possibilities available through the US military, come into the College & Career Center and pick up some literature, make an appointment to talk with a recruiter, or check out the links below.
The ASVAB Test (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) measures basic skills and vocational aptitude. Administered by the military, but without obligation. There is no charge to take the ASVAB Test. It can be a great career exploration tool for all students, regardless of post high school plans. If you are considering joining the military, your score on the ASVAB determines which options may be open to you. Practice is essential to do your best. Thurston High School hosts a test every December.