- Meet with your counselor to make sure you are on track to graduate and fulfill college admission requirement.
- Register for the SAT or ACT.
- Finalize a list of colleges and start the application process.
- Visit colleges that interest you.
- Well before your application deadlines; ask your counselor and teachers to submit required documents (e.g. transcript, letter of recommendation) to the colleges which you are applying to.
- Start working on scholarship and college application essays.
- Create FSA ID for both the student and the parent.
- Attend financial aid meeting in September with your family.
- After October 1st, complete and submit your FAFSA as soon as possible.
- PAY ATTENTION TO COLLEGE AND SCHOLARSHIPS DEADLINES! MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- Submit your college application.
- Set up a realistic family budget.
- Continue with scholarship applications. If you haven’t yet, apply for OSAC. Early bird deadline is February 15th or else it is due on March 1st!
- Send your SAT or ACT scores to colleges you plan to attend.
- Visit colleges that have accepted you.
- Review your college acceptances and compare the colleges’ financial aid offers.
- Send your final transcripts from high school and college credits, if any, to the college you’re going to.
- Submit your intent to enroll.
- Sign up for news student orientation.
- Register for classes.