–The NAACP and Northwest Youth Corps (NYC) are partnering to provide a service trip on Saturday, February 24 from 9:30am-12:30pm to Dorris Ranch (30 minute drive from Eugene), where we will facilitate a group tree planting. Lunch and transportation will be provided at no cost, and hours can be accredited as community service/volunteer hours for school, honors societies, scholarships, etc. This opportunity is open to high school students and their families. To sign up, please fill out this form by Wednesday, February 21.
- DATE: Saturday, February 24, 2018
- LOCATION: Dorris Ranch
- SCHEDULE: Meet at the Historic Mims House/NAACP Office, 330 High Street at 9:30am. Travel to Dorris Ranch at 10:00am in Northwest Youth Corps van with certified driver(s), NYC staff, and NAACP volunteers. Plant trees, followed by lunch. Transportation and lunch is covered by NYC.
- ELIGIBILITY: High school students and their families in 4J, Springfield, or Bethel School Districts.
- VOLUNTEER HOURS: Receive volunteer hours by bringing volunteer forms to event.
–St Vincent de Paul is looking for volunteers for Shuffle Truffle Race. Stop by the C&CC for more information.
-HIV Alliance is looking for volunteers. Stop by the C&CC for more information.
Elevate Lane County is the most ambitious school-to-work program ever imagined in Lane County. We have identified four program goals:
- Create learning opportunities for students in the field.
- Build educator capacity through summer externships.
- Construct a robust local technology portal to match profiles.
- Convene a regional advisory board to inform curriculum.
Fall 2017 Student Internships (11th & 12th only) & Job Shadows (9th-12th grade) –now accepting applications!
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2017 STUDENT INTERNSHIPS and JOB SHADOWS. We encourage all Lane County students who are interested in a work-learning experience to either apply online above, or download the appropriate application, complete it, and scan/send it back to email@example.com.
For a job shadow, make sure you know when your fall No School days are (not including Thanksgiving).
For an internship, you must be available for 4-8 hours Monday-Friday between 9am and 5pm.
Fall Internship Timeline:
Interviews the week of October 16th (we can come to you)
Elevate Orientation October 25th, 3:30pm
Industry Orientation the week of October 30th
Internship: November 6th-December 15th, 4-8 hours per week