Meet our Mentors

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 2.51.31 PM

Nico Ramos

I am a junior at the University of Oregon majoring in Family and Human Services with a minor in Sociology. I enjoy watching sports, hanging out with my friends and playing with my dog. I strive to help students become the best they can be by building confidence in themselves and their work.

I can help with:

• Math
  • Scholarships
  • College exploration
  • Tutoring
  • College Applications

• Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 8.39.23 AM

•                             Michael Carlsen
     I am a junior at the University of Oregon majoring in Physics with a
     Minor in Mathematics. I graduated from Springfield High School, where I  was a    member of the pep band and soccer team for three years each. My passions include reading fantasy books, looking at the night sky, and teaching. My career goals include getting a graduate-level degree in physics and then researching for 10-15 years at NASA or another space research company before settling down into a teaching position. As your mentor.
    I look forward to helping you with:

• College Applications
    • Career Exploration
    • Scholarship Applications
    • Planning and Time Management

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 3.00.39 PM

Melissa González Gabriel

I am a junior at the University of Oregon with a double major in Spanish and Planning, Public Policy, and Management. Being a first-generation Latina student, I found my college process and transition to be overwhelming, so I want to use my experience to help inspire and guide others. During my free time, I enjoy spending time outdoors, watching Disney/Pixar movies indoors, and attending events that connect me with my culture.

I can be a resource for:

• College Search
  • Scholarships
  • College Application

• Scholarship Assistance

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 8.58.17 AM

Kelle Schalin
I graduated from Washington State University with a BA in Communications. Over the years I’ve worked for three different hospitals, providing them with marketing and fundraising support. I’m a great listener, solution oriented and enjoy researching information. I’m happy to help you with any of the following bullet points.
  • Essay writing
  • Scholarship Applications
  • Resume Building
  • Various writing projects

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 2.54.27 PM

Jeff Paschall

Jeff Paschall is  a licensed professional engineer with a degree from the University of Washington.  I began my career working as a design and field engineer on projects from Southeast Alaska to Southern Chile.  I am currently the City of Springfield’s City Engineer where I manage the Engineering Division.  As a mentor, I can help with:

• Career exploration and guidance
  •  Scholarship applications
  • Time management
  •  Resumes and interview prep
  •  Some tutoring

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 1.21.22 PM

David Regnier

I was the first in my family to attend college, earning a Bachelor of Business Administration degree at the University of Iowa and a law degree at the University of Illinois.  I spent most of my 36 years as a lawyer advising local governments (a city, several school districts, a transit district and a county) on a wide array of matters.  My focus in the last ten years of my career was on negotiating and writing contracts for the delivery of technology systems.  I value clear, concise and precise writing and look forward to working with students on the following:

• – resume and essay writing
  • – college and scholarship applications
  • – interview preparation
  • – career exploration

Rebecca Casher

My name is Rebecca Cashero. I attended the Environment and Community graduate program at Humboldt State University. Throughout my professional and academic careers, I have focused on building inclusive and resilient communities. I have worked with various ecological no-profit organizations. My love of the forest pulled me to the Pacific Northwest. Currently, I am the Young Adult Recruitment Coordinator at Northwest Youth Corps. I genuinely enjoy assisting people overcome challenges through the creation of strategies to accomplish their goals. Specifically, I am happy to assist with:

• College Applications
  • Scholarship Applications
  • Extended Applications (Senior Project)
  • OSCA Applications
  • FAFSA Applications
  • Resume and Interview Preparation 

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 10.17.00 AM

LILY MOZIPO

I am currently a freshman at the University of Oregon, where I am studying human physiology.  My aspiration is to become an OB/GYN

I love playing soccer, singing, dancing, and hiking.  I’m passionate about community involvement and activism.

I am happy to help with

• Essay writing
  • Scholarship Applications
  • Standardized Testing Tips for SAT/ACT
  • Career Exploration
  • Interview Tips

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 8.40.00 AM

Ksanet Rustom

I am majoring in Psychology with a minor in Legal Studies. As a first-generation university student, I desire to help others have easier access to higher education, gain the confidence they need to try new and exciting things and have a great time while doing it. While a mentor at SHS, I also work as an intern for UO Advancement Program and am a part-time caregiver.

I can help with

• OSAC
    • Career Exploration
    • Essay Writing
    • Scholarships help
    • Common App

• Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 2.05.00 PM

Kobe Dumas

I’m a junior at the University of Oregon studying Business Admin | Marketing with a minor in Sociology. I was born and raised in New Orleans, LA and moved to Oregon to continue my education.

I have a passion for giving back and working with others who share this same passion. My goal is to help students reach the next step in the pursuit of higher education.

Areas of specialty:

• Resume Help
      • Writing Help
      • Common App
      • Time Management
      • Essay Writing

Share