It is with great pleasure that Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR) announces our tenth annual Greenfield Peace Writing Scholarship. Any 11th or 12th grade Oregon high school student may enter by submitting an original essay, poem, or narrative work (maximum 600 words) in response to the following question:“What would it take to eliminate nuclear weapons in your lifetime? Submissions may be submitted by Google Form (preferred), email, or postal mail. A panel of judges comprised of local writers, activists and distinguished community members will select the winning entries. The first prize winner will receive a scholarship award of $1,000, the second $750 and the third $500. Oregon PSR will host an awards ceremony on the last weekend in April, 2018, at which the scholarship winners will be honored.
- Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility
- 1020 SW Taylor Street, Suite #275
- Portland, OR 97205
Abby’s Closet is pleased to offer a $2,000 scholarship for female high school seniors attending school in Oregon or Washington. Tell us about your dreams and aspirations for the future. The applicant that best embodies the spirit and mission of Abby’s Closet will receive the scholarship award and attend a private giveaway to select their perfect gown and accessories.
Please review the 2018 Scholarship guidelines prior to completing the official application. Please note, scholarship winner must be available to select a gown on Friday, April 6, 2018 the Oregon Convention Center and on Saturday, April 7, 2018 for the opening of the Prom Gown Giveaway.
**Please read 2018 Scholarship Guidelines below before completing application:
The preferred method of submittal is through our online application. We no longer accept applications through U.S. mail. Please click here to contact the Abby’s Closet Dreams Committee with questions or to request a PDF version of the scholarship application.
Mary A. Pilgreen Memorial Scholarship Application Due Date March 12, 2018
Paper Applications are available in the Career Center. This scholarship is awarded to students entering the field of education.
NALS of Oregon Scholarship Fund ~ Deadline March 24, 2018
Do you have an interest in working for an attorney. This would include fields such as legal secretary, court repoter, law office administrative staff, paralegal, court personnel, legal assistant and more. I have scholarship applications available in the Career Center
Future Female Leaders
Any individual at least sixteen (16) years old who meets one of the following criteria:
1) Currently attending high school (or equivalent) and will be attending an accredited university or college in the next academic year.
2) Currently attending an accredited university or college (undergraduate and graduate students are both eligible)
March 30, 2018
- Scholarship Amount
- How to Apply
Complete the application here: https://studysoup.com/scholarships/future-female-leaders
- Terms + Conditions
Terms and conditions can be found here: https://studysoup2.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000382726-SCHOLARSHIP
Selco Credit Union
- When: Due March 31st
- What: Scholarship Guidelines below
before submitting your application. In addition to contact information and a brief essay, we also ask for:
- One letter of recommendation.
- One copy of your seventh-semester transcript.
- One high-quality photo of yourself (for example, your senior photo).
You can upload these to your online application, or you can send them separately by mail or email. All materials must arrive by Saturday, March 31. Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail.
- Applications are in the Career Center
- Deadline is April 1st
Singer Foundation Scholarship is now available in the Career Center. This scholarship can fund your tuition up to $20,000 over 4years. Four letters of recommendation are required. Deadline April 9th
Oregon PTA Teacher Education Scholarship Application
Deadline March 30, 2018 $500.00
- What: Slocum Research & Education Foundation
- Deadline: March 30th
- Amount: $1,500
Associated Oregon Loggers Scholarship (Hard copy is available in the Career Center)
Twenty $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who demonstrate dedication to creating a positive impact in their community.
Scholarships awarded may be used for tuition, books, and fees for the 2018–2019 academic year.
- Be a Northwest Community Credit Union member in good standing by April 2, 2018
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED
- Attend an accredited college in Fall 2018
- Attend 9 or more credit hours, beginning the Fall 2018 semester or quarter
- Demonstrate service to the community
Be prepared to provide your most recent transcript and to write essay questions based on prompts in the application.
Please note: These scholarships are not available to Northwest Community Credit Union employees or immediate family members of NWCU’s senior management team, Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee.
Promising Futures Scholarship Program
The Promising Futures Scholarship Program was created to help Oregon students interested in majors compatible with school business finance professions obtain a post-secondary education.
The scholarship is open to public high school seniors who have been accepted and college freshman enrolled full time at an accredited Oregon community college, college or university.
The application is due by April 13, 2018 (postmark by date is ok).
- Oregon high school seniors planning to attend or college freshman currently registered as a full time student at an accredited Oregon community college, college or university.
- Student with a declared major compatible with school business management.
- Student who has been an Oregon resident for at least one year.
- Accepted for admission as a full time student (as defined by the recipient’s attending school).
- Involvement in school/community activities.
- A minimum 3.0 overall GPA.
- High school transcripts that include grade, grade-point average, and class rank. The transcript(s) must be complete through the most recently completed semester.
- SAT, PSAT and/or ACT scores.
- List of extra-curricular activities, awards or letters received, offices held, and related achievements.
- A typed essay (double spaced, no more than 200 words) detailing their plans for attending college and how the scholarship will help them achieve their educational goals.
- Two letters of recommendation; one must be from a school official (principal or teacher).
Scholarship recipients will be selected from those applications submitted on or before the deadline. The scholarship award will be made payable to the student and the college or university upon verification of Fall term enrollment.
Completed application materials must be sent to:
Email: Josie Hummert, Executive Assistant
Mail: OASBO Promising Futures Scholarship
707 13th St SE, Ste 100
SALEM, OR 97301
- Deadline April 20th $1,500.00
- Scholarship Awarded to those seeking a degree in Natural Resources related field
- Applications are available in the Career Center
- Applicant must be a graduating senior from Springfield Public Schools.
- Applicant must have a GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Applicant must be involved in extra-curricular activities in school or in the community
Pointe Pest Control wants to encourage the students of Oregon to do good for the people around them. We know that doing good for other people makes communities better. We have founded a scholarship based on doing good for someone else. We are offering a $750 scholarship to a student pursing a higher education who shows us what they did for someone else. You can find more details on the scholarship and directions for applying by clicking the link listed below. Please post this information on your school website as well as your scholarship page to help get the word out to students in your school.
- Who: Complete Vision Center ~Springfield High School ~ Vision Award Scholarship
- Deadline: April 30th
- Amount: $500
- Requirements to Apply: Essay question (approximately 1 page): Please describe how a “change in vision” has affected your life. (This is not about a political vision)
- Applications are available in the Career Center
- Scholarship Application is available in the Career Center
- Deadline is May 4th
The Norborne Berkeley Scholarship The Norborne Berkeley Scholarship. This scholarship is a $3,000 annual award, renewable up to a maximum of four years. The scholarship will be awarded to an Oregon resident and incoming history major on the Corvallis campus who has demonstrated high financial need and who is in the first generation of their family to attend a four-year college or university.
Springfield Education Association-
Bill and Faith Kinkel Memorial Scholarship
Amount: Up to FOUR $500 Scholarships
2 letter of recommendations, essay questions, financial situation, and transcript.
Due: May 22nd
Divorce Matters Scholarship
Here are some brief notes on this scholarship
- $2,500 (One-time award)
- Due May 31, 2018
- Must be attending a 4-yr college/university or 2-yr community college for Fall 2018
- Incomplete or Late Applications will not be accepte
Most Valuable Student Scholarship $2.44 million college scholarships to a total of 500 high school seniors nationwide through its Most Valuable Student scholarship contest.
Athnet Sports Recruiting Scholarship June 1st deadline $1,000
- Who: Abbott and Fenner
- Deadline June 14, 2018
- Amount: $1,000
- Requirements to Apply: Describe your education career and life goals. Explain your plan for achieving these goals. Include your degree/major, why you selected it, and how this degree/major will help you achieve your goals.
- Who: ZipRecruiter
- Link: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/scholarship
- Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Amount: $3,000
Criteria:Write about a previous job you’ve held and your ideal post-graduate career.
UEW Healthcare, a Home Healthcare agency with locations across the US.
Deadline July 31st ~ Award Amount $1,000
Is pleased to announce the UEW Healthcare EEOICPA Scholarship. This scholarship is available to any High School senior nationwide, and we would like to invite your students to apply.
Altec Design Web Scholarship. Our scholarship is open to any student at your institution regardless of major. Deadline 07/15/2018
We are proud to announce our annual Altec Design Web Scholarship. This opportunity is open to students pursuing any major at an accredited institution. The winner will be awarded $750 to pursue their education.
Apply by 07/15/2018
Eligibility Requirements: Student must be enrolled in any accredited institution for Fall 2018 (any major)
- Must complete essay of no more than 1,000 words
- Must include recent photo
- Authorize Altec Design to publish photo and essay on site if selected as winner
- Winner will be chosen by internal committee. Points will be awarded based on original, creative ideas communicated in submitted essays.
Essay Topic: How do you foresee the internet changing your chosen career in the next 20 years . Award: $750 (to be mailed to winner’s institution)
- You must be currently enrolled in or have been accepted to (and planning to attend) a University or College in the United States and provide proof of current enrollment. If you have not received acceptance, you may still apply, but be sure to provide proof of acceptance and enrollment for the scholarship to be released (ex. screenshot of grades, picture of acceptance letter, etc.)
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher (cumulative GPA of the most recent secondary education program you have attended).
- You must have a physician documented disability
Ace Engineering Scholarship $500.00 Essay Required
Deadline for entry: October 6, 2018
https://www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com and click the banner on the right-hand side of the website’s homepage. Here they’ll find detailed scholarship information and the official application form.
What: Congress-Bundestag Vocational Youth Exchange to Germany (CBYX)
Eligible Applicants: Graduating High School Seniors
The Congress-Bundestag Vocational Scholarship provides an opportunity for U.S. high school graduates who have undertaken vocational training to spend their 13th year abroad pursuing their vocational interests. It is important to emphasize at the outset that this is a “Young Adult” program, which seeks to enroll students who have demonstrated maturity and responsibility and who can be entrusted to fulfill their roles as exchange students without day-to-day supervision. IMPORTANT: Prior knowledge of German is not necessary in order to apply!
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program provides a unique intercultural educational opportunity for American and German youth. Each year over 300 American high school students receive full scholarships to become exchange students to Germany, where they will live with Host Families for a year and attend German schools.This program is supported, as well as funded, by the United States Congress and the German Bundestag.
For the upcoming school year, a special Congress-Bundestag scholarship opportunity is being offered to 25 graduating high school seniors with a vocational background. This program is being administered by Nacel Open Door