About Us

Welcome to the Walterville Library Media Center Blog!  Here you can find information about library events, books, reviews, book trailers, and special projects.  As students, staff, parents and the community explore this blog, they can learn about what students are learning in the library and also keep up to date on the latest information about our school library.

Located in the Cascade foothills outside of Springfield, Oregon, Walterville Elementary is a small country school of about 170 students.  Students who attend Walterville Elementary enjoy the benefits of a small school in which the community embraces the school.  Mrs. Page, the library media specialist/K-8 teacher, is the host of this blog.  Our hope is that as you look around, that you would feel free to leave us comments, as we enjoy hearing from our blogging visitors.

meI am excited to begin year four as the library media specialist at Walterville Elementary.  This is my seventeenth year of teaching and my fourth year as a media specialist.  Reading is one of my favorite pass times, especially reading young adult literature and pictures books!  In the past I have taught in every grade from first through eighth and have enjoyed teaching in countries such as Thailand and Ecuador.

My hobbies include hanging out with family and friends, camping, backpacking, hiking, biking, swimming, travel, adventure, and, of course, reading!  Reading!  Reading!  Did I mention that I love to read?